New Facebook timeline
At last we can give our Facebook profiles a new look, a much cleaner and I think visually more stimulating look. Certainly an improvement on the old tired look and more inline with the leaner look these days, less clutter!
The new Facebook timeline is easy to set up just by following a few simple steps but of course you must first have a Facebook account.
Facebook timeline set up
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Go to search, there type in ‘developers’ and choose Facebook developers and there click on ‘create new app’.
3. Type in a title like Bake a cake, use this formula with the 2nd word being ‘a’ ; you will see why later.
4. Type in the namespace: what you chose above in lower case with hyphens eg: bake-a-cake
5. Go through the security check and save.
6. Choose from the menu on the left – Open Graph.
7. In the 2 spaces type in your chosen words. eg: bake, cake ( you see why we needed the ‘a’)
8. Next page scroll to the botom and save.
9. Next page scroll and click ‘finish’.
10. Go back to your original profile page and on the left click on your name. Then click on get started.
You should now see your new profile page where you can make any changes and ‘publish’. The Facebok Timeline will be launched later in the month.
Should you have any problems with the set up you can contact me here or leave a comment.